Monday 20 September 2010

G324 Action Plan

Original Ideas

After considering the various ideas which i stated in an earlier post i have decided to go ahead with my second music video idea, following the progress of a letter. I have been in two minds whether to choose the short film or music video production. I think my idea could fit into both categories as it could be interpreted as both a music video and a short film. I have decided on the music video option as i think it would be easier to research as there are much more examples of music videos today as they are very popular. I tried researching short films but there are only a small number of these to analyse, so by choosing the music video option i can hopefully raise my research and planning marks because there are much more examples. I also think that music videos will be easier when it comes to audience research as the people i ask will be more aware of them than short films. I need to do the following tasks.

Research

Before planning my project in detail i need to do research on proffesional music videos. Using websites such as YouTube I can embed these into my blog and write analysis about them. I will be analysing details such as the aspects of Mise-en-Scene, Editing, Camera angles etc. I have already done some research on short films, but now I have decided on the music videos i can be more specific and focused on analysing the video as i will be able to relate it to the production of my practical work. I am going to analyse a wide range of differant music videos in order to gain marks for the research and planning stage.

Audience Research

I will need to complete some audience research in the form of a video, asking members of the public questions about music videos.

Ideas in more detail

I already have an idea for my music video, but i need to think about this in more detail. For example i know the basics of the film, e.g the basic storyline and plot but i need to think in more detail about the characters the music ideas and the target audience etc. I will plan this in even more detail before i start filming using a storyboard and scripting the video.

More to follow.



No comments:

Post a Comment